Illuminated Paper Cut Boxes
Jahangir Agha, 9 years ago 1 min read 1609
Artist duo Hari & Deepti started experimenting with paper cut shadow boxes in 2010 with hand painted watercolor paper which was then cut and assembled in a wooden box to create a diorama, with years of practice their art became more intricate and minimal at the same time.
They started experimenting with lights and simplified their pieces by losing the colored aspect of the paper. They have since then evolved to add their own style of paper cut art incorporating back-lit light boxes using flexible LED strip lights.
“What amazes us about the paper cut light boxes is the dichotomy of the piece in its lit and unlit state, the contrast is so stark that it has this mystical effect on the viewers.”
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Amazingly Detailed Paper-Cut Artwork By Indian Artist Parth Kothekar
- She Could Not Grow Real Plants So She Made These Creative Paper Plants
- Paper-cut Illustrations by Eiko Ojala – Part 2
- Amazing Papercut Illustrations by Eiko Ojala
- Amazing Papercraft from Lobulo Design
- Street Art Installations Featuring Little Wooden Cutouts
- Carnival Paper Sculptures
Comments are closed.
- Around The World (369)
- Business (50)
- Education (9)
- Home Improvement (21)
- Humor (191)
- Inspiration (512)
- Lifestyle (20)
- Motivation (2)
- News (24)
- Photo of the Day (257)
- Photography (105)
- Technology (47)
- Travel (8)
How the hell do I make this tho???