Miniature art made from feathers sounds impossible to most of us but American artist Chris Maynard, who should be called a feather “whisperer”, creates incredible sculptures using feathers of flighted creatures.
Maynard uses small eye surgery scissors, forceps, scalpels, and magnifiers to arrange the cutouts of feathers that have been used with permission from private aviaries and zoos.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Beautiful Fairytale Porcelain Creatures By Ukrainian Artists
- Terracotta Army Wearing Santa Hats Created Entirely Out of Chocolate
- Intricate Leaf Cutting Art By Omid Asadi
- Coca-Cola Builds Adorable Mini Kiosks to Sell Mini Cokes
- The Mini Book of Major Events
- Intricate Olive Pit Sculpture Carved in 1737
- Street Art Installations Featuring Little Wooden Cutouts