Mobile Test Automation: Explaining The Cost-effective Strategies
New mobile apps are released faster, and getting quality for new mobile apps’ features is the priority for every customer. Test automation has become highly preferable for optimizing the mobile software development life cycle because it helps to gain numerous benefits to both mobile test automation companies and business owners.
Reduced Testing Efforts/Costs
- It takes only a few hours to create automated scripts, to improve and maintain the scripts.
- It saves a huge time to engineers and fulfills their time requirements for test execution.
- It takes about one hour to perform 1st cycle testing.
- Subsequent cycle testing is easy to accomplish when automation is available.
- One can eliminate a vast number of defects in minimal time.
- Testing requires a one-time investment.
Enhanced Product Quality
- Fixing defects pre-production & post-production.
- The efficiency of defect-finding can smoothly improve.
- The average number of bugs in the product reduced.
- The average cost of defects fixed before and after release.
Minimized Time to Production
- Reduced time for automation (first year & subsequent years).
- Elapsed testing time.
- Recaptured total production.
- Production rate.
- Per unit margin.
Qualitative Benefits in Intangible Ways
- Give Satisfaction to the QA Team & your customers.
- Ensure a higher level of product quality.
- Maximize support offerings while making changes in any app’s functionality.
- Increase the confidence of customers.
The Best Way to Reduce the Cost & Time – Mobile Test Automation Strategies
Generally, the cost of mobile automation testing depends upon the requirements of customers. The more the features customers test from the mobile testing service provider, the higher the price he/she may have to pay. But everyone says that mobile test automation is the best for saving both cost and time. Is this true? Yes, it is when the right strategy is followed. To know more about the cost-effective methods for mobile test automation or mobile-based automation testing, you need to know the given things:
Test Automation Life Cycle
Automation test life cycle includes various phases, which is very clear to the reputed mobile app testing company because their experts use it a maximum number of times as an excellent strategy to help enterprises stay ahead in the market and avoid major technical failures.
Check-out the phases of the test automation life cycle that you should keep in mind for getting the cost benefits for mobile app testing.
Analysis of Automation Feasibility
The first step is to check the usefulness of automation that involves selecting the right automation testing tools and the relevant test cases based on your requirements.
Some test automation tools to consider for mobile app testing:
When it comes to making the web app easy to use, reliable, less costly, faster & more accurate, many companies use Selenium because it comes with navigation tools that don’t require any script. Moreover, it includes a record and playback feature to conduct web app testing most effectively. Based on the research, you can’t perform mobile automation testing using Selenium, but you can use the above-mentioned testing tools that are suitable for mobile testing and allow you to use the right methodology as per your convenience.
Make a Test Strategy
In the next step, you need to pick the best test automation framework like linear test automation framework, data-driven framework & keyword driven framework.
Linear Test Automation Framework
It is also known as a record-and-playback framework because it doesn’t require any code to create functions and allow to write the steps in sequential order. From user input, navigation to checkpoints, each step is quickly recorded by testers, and then the script is played automatically to get the test done. Understanding the testing workflow is also extremely important for the mobile app testing service provider or the persons who participate in the testing process.
Testers can store data in external ways using a data-driven framework due to its providing facility of separating the test data from script logic. One can execute tests with multiple data sets. You can also compare the data and test data with various scenarios. There is no need to use hard-coded data. Whenever you make any change to the test script, it will never affect data that is stored in the application. If your mobile app contains as many features or functions, you can still comfortably perform the testing multiple times using distinct data sets.
This is another framework that enables testers to store keywords in the external data table. The keyword is the part of a script describing the several actions considered to test the graphical user interface (GUI) of an application. The benefit of using the keyword-driven framework for mobile application testing is that very less scripting knowledge is required. Reusability is allowed because you can use a single keyword for multiple test scripts. You can also develop test scripts independently for the app while testing.
Setting Up the Right Testing Environment
Setting up the right test environment is necessary for mobile application testing like operating systems, test terminals, software, and hardware to implement test cases. The mobile test automation company’s experts cannot start the actual work if there is no test environment. Thus, one should give focus on it before testing any mobile application using automation strategies.
Test Script Development
The purpose of test script development is to create automation test scripts that should be well documented, well-structured, and reusable.
Execution of Test Cases
Whatever the application you have or the test cases you prepare to remove the mobile app’s errors and drive the quality for features, executing the previously written test cases is essential.
Generate Test Results & Analysis
The last phase of the test automation life cycle is to understand the results that are obtained from the execution of test cases that you can share with stakeholders, the entire testing team, and the concerned parties.
Automation gives flexibility and the ability to run tests at any time and from anywhere. It eliminates the requirement of staff members. Various budget-friendly and free test automation tools are available in the market. From testing to results analysis, you can schedule the test remotely and run it whenever your customer feels issues while operating the application’s functions.
Mobile app automation is awesome when:
- The QA team is diligent for automated testing and has an abundance of knowledge to test all types of industry’s products or applications.
- The tools of test automation are also expensive and are typically used with a combination of manual testing. However, testing can come in the budget if the testing team gives priority to regression testing.
- Mobile apps should be compatible with all types of devices, and that requires testing. One can use new models of new handsets such as Sony, Samsung, Motorola, or HTC to make the mobile test automation cost-effective.
- Again, QA engineers should be knowledgeable, experienced, and talented. Hiring the right mobile testing company is much more important.
All such factors or all such requirements you can fulfill with mobile app testing service provider, having industry’s best practices, advanced test automation frameworks & test automation tools to work on the parameters like user experience, mobile device’s physical characteristics, performance, security, system integration, platform, device fragmentation, and operating systems. Choose the service provider wisely and get business benefits.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Around The World (369)
- Business (50)
- Education (9)
- Home Improvement (21)
- Humor (191)
- Inspiration (512)
- Lifestyle (20)
- Motivation (2)
- News (24)
- Photo of the Day (257)
- Photography (105)
- Technology (47)
- Travel (8)