Sand Sculpture Depicting Drowned Syrian Boy Aylan Kurdi
Indian artist Sudarsan Pattnaik works on a sand sculpture depicting drowned Syrian boy Aylan Kurdi at Puri beach, some 65 kilometers away from Bhubaneswar. The photos of the lifeless body of three-year-old Aylan Kurdi, lying on a beach in Bodrum, Turkey, have triggered a wave of emotion across the continent, despite deep divisions among European governments on how to deal with the crisis.
Charities helping refugees saw a surge in donations on September 4 across Europe as people shocked by the heart-rending images of a drowned Syrian boy on a Turkish beach dug deep to help out.
Photo by: Asit Kumar/AFP Photo
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Remembering 9-11: Indian Artist Creates World Trade Center Sand Sculpture To Pay Tribute To The Victims
- Nawaz Sharif & Narendar Modi Sand Sculpture
- Sand Sculpture on World Water Day by Sudarshan Pattnaik
- Osama Bin Laden & Moammar Gadhafi Sand Sculptures
- World Artists Pay Tribute To Syrian Boy Who Drowned Off Turkey Coast
- Calling All Hands
- Amazingly Detailed Paper-Cut Artwork By Indian Artist Parth Kothekar