To recognize the 50 year anniversary of peace activist and politician Nelson Mandela’s capture by the apartheid police in 1962, South African artist Marco Cianfanelli has constructed a monument with 50 steel columns.
The form of the sculpture represents the leader’s 27 years behind the bars for his efforts to bring equal rights and governmental representation to the once racially divided nation.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Doctor Sculpts Rice into Colorful Characters
- Delicate Handmade Glass Animal Sculptures
- Children Sculptures Made From Books To Recruit School Librarians
- 5,000 Melting Ice Sculptures In Birmingham Commemorate Victims Of WWI
- Giant Crocodile Sculpture Made With Snow
- Incredible Embroidered Sculptures of Butterflies, Moths & Other Insects
- Watermelon Carvings By Self-Taught Artist Clive Cooper
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.