World’s Largest Tumor Removed From Man’s Back in China
Doctors in China have removed what could be the world’s largest tumor from Yang Jianbing, of Beijing. Yang was born with a dark birth mark on the right side of his lower back/bottom. When he was nine the mark began to grow into a fleshy tumor and by the age of 12 it had grown to the size of a fist and Yang received a surgery to remove it. However, it quickly started to grow again.
Despite all the medical intervention, it kept growing and a recent hospital check in Beijing revealed that the tumor had increased to an enormous 110kg.
Chief surgeon Chen Minliang said,
“Yang suffered from Neurofibromatosis, a genetic disorder that affects the normal growth and development of cell tissue. ‘We have seen neurofibromatosis patients before, but this is the biggest nerve tumor we ever saw,’
The giant tumor greatly affected Yang’s life, with the 37-year-old revealing:
“I can only lie down or sit on bed all day long.”
The team of medics who removed the giant growth consisted of nine doctors and took 16 hours. During the surgery Yang received more than 5000ml of blood, which is more than the entire amount an adult’s body holds.
Yang is now recovering well and it expected to be discharged later this month. (via: huffingtonpost)
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Chinese Man Huang Chuncai Had World’s Biggest Facial Tumor of 25kg
- Real Life Rapunzel: The Woman with 8-Foot Long Hairs
- Chinese Woman with Monster Looking Face
- Cleaning The Dead – When Death Doesn’t Mean Goodbye
- Infant-care Training Course
- Over 1,500 People Forming An Image Depicting Human Lung
- Mickey Mouse Shape Made of Rice Plants in China