Fish Dressed Up As Bride & Groom In Bengali Gaye Holud Wedding Ritual
A Bengali couple named Sofie and Amit were married in a traditional Bengali wedding ceremony in Mamallapuram in eastern India. In the Gaye Holud ritual, the bride and groom are presented with fish dressed up as them. Sofie took it upon herself to have some fun with her fish!
Photograph Brian Callaway who captured this amazing photo says, “For me, the photo perfectly captures this cultural part of their wedding, their fun/spontaneous personalities, and, more importantly, how much fun they were having. It’s also their favorite photo.”
Photograph by: Brian Callaway
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Indian Teenage Girl Marries A Dog To Ward Off Evil Spirit
- Snake Bathing with Milk in Nag Panchami Festival, India
- Animal Ski Masks – Coolest Winter Gear
- Turkish Bride & Groom Feed 4,000 Syrian Refugees On Their Wedding Day
- Kingfisher Catching A Fish Underwater
- Humorous Photo Manipulations by Indian Artist Anil Saxena
- Disney Princesses Transformed Into Indian Brides
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.