Disney Princesses Transformed Into Indian Brides
A wedding photographer, Amrit Grewal, from Vancouver has sprinkled some Disney magic re-imagining a group of Indian brides as Disney princesses. Disney princess themes are popular for weddings in general, Indian brides generally stay away from them.
“Our aim was to show them that they have the options of incorporating these ideas too into their weddings,” So Grewal and a few others embarked on a unique project: re-imagining the characters in traditional Indian bridal wear.
‘It was important to show how Disney could translate into the traditional Indian aesthetic because of the differences between mainstream wedding styles and Indian weddings. Indian weddings are extremely extravagant and ornate and outfits are extremely bedazzled, whereas mainstream weddings are more simple, sleek, and polished.’
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Fish Dressed Up As Bride & Groom In Bengali Gaye Holud Wedding Ritual
- Indian Teenage Girl Marries A Dog To Ward Off Evil Spirit
- Mother Creates Disney-Inspired Costumes For Her Daughter
- Calling All Hands
- Whimsical Flower Dresses By Lim Zhi Wei – Part 2
- Amazingly Detailed Paper-Cut Artwork By Indian Artist Parth Kothekar
- Indian Milkman Carries Milk Canisters