3 Children’s Portrait Created with Over 5,000 Poppies
The 30 feet wide poppy installation created by artist Ted Harrison highlighting the involvement of children in war. Over 5,000 poppies have been used on the floor of St Paul’s Cathedral to create the amazing portrait of 3 children that cannot be seen clearly from ground level but can be seen easily when viewed from the Whispering Gallery.
Mr. Harrison created the work under the dome of the cathedral with the intention of drawing attention to the 250,000 children worldwide currently under military orders. Thousands are killed, wounded or traumatized every year.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Lily Allen Portrait Made of 1800 Real Lilies
- Giant Portrait Created with 9,217 Wine Corks
- Mother-in-Law Recreated with Huge Toast Portrait by Laura Hadland
- Thousands of Hammered Nails Form Detailed Portraits
- Marilyn Monroe Portrait Created with Snow On A Soccer Pitch
- Hillary Clinton Supporter Shaved Portrait Into Her Hair
- Insanely Tiny Portraits On Peanuts By Steve Casino