Tiny, Edible Kitty-Themed Sweets For Cats Day
A Japanese housewife, Caroline, creates these lovable cat-themed sweets annually on Cat’s Day (that’s on 22 February in Japan). These cat-shaped treats seem like a wonderful way to celebrate how much you like your feline friends.
Recently, her daughter, Laura, started making these adorable sweets as well—these lively and edible “cats” can be seen frolicking amongst various other breakfast foods, sleeping in pancakes and chilling out on donuts.
These little kitties aren’t just unbelievably cute, they’re also edible, it is everything our cat-loving hearts could have ever hoped for. She started off with making cat shaped nerikiri, a traditional Japanese sweet made by mixing shiro-an (sweetened white bean paste) with gyuhi (made of glutinous rice, similar to mochi but softer), then tinted and sculpted into various shapes and styles.
Bunnies were made when it was the year of the Rabbit.
Now the only question is, to eat or not to eat? Unfortunately, these adorable sweets were made by Carolina for her family and they’re not available for purchase. Oh well, they’re so cute, we couldn’t bear to eat them anyway!
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Cute Marshmallow Cats For Your Coffee & Tea
- Amazing Cakes That Look Exactly Like Soft Drink Bottles
- Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart Cake
- Famous Paintings Recreated On Cakes By Maria A. Aristidou
- 24 Carrot Cake: The Most Expensive-Looking Cake
- Terracotta Army Wearing Santa Hats Created Entirely Out of Chocolate
- Dissected Cake: Decorated Cake With an Anatomical Interior of Bones & Organs
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.