Stonhenge Built with 38 Classic American Cars
Carhenge, which replicates Stonehenge, is a bizarre tribute to the prehistoric stone structure where the massive monoliths have been replaced by 38 classic American cars.
The artist of this unique car sculpture, Jim Reinders, experimented with unusual and interesting artistic creations throughout his life. He desire to copy Stonehenge in physical size and placement came to execution in the summer of 1987 with the help of many family members.
Total 38 cars were placed to assume the same proposition as Stonehenge with the circle measuring approximately 96 feet in diameter. Some of the cars are held upright in pits 5ft-deep, while the vehicles which form arches have been welded in place.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Classic Cadillac Covered In More Than 38,000 Cents
- La Chiva Voladora – An Interesting Cable Car Ride
- Russian Guy Fixed Car Bump By Creative Painting
- 1979 Lincoln Continental Car Recreated in Cardboard
- Everyday Objects Used To Create Imaginative Drawings
- Tribute To Pakistani Sufi Singer Amjad Sabri
- Car-Shaped Formation of Kites