An Indian woman is celebrating her 18th birthday by winning the title of world’s shortest woman. Guinness World Records representatives measured Jyoti Amge at 24.7 inches (62.8 centimetres) tall, making her 2.76 inches (seven centimetres) shorter than Bridgette Jordan, the 22-year-old American who had held the title since September.
She is shorter than the average two-year-old. Guinness representatives visiting from London measured her at a ceremony attended by family and friends in the town of Nagpur, in Maharashtra state.
“I have put Nagpur on the world map. Now everyone will know where it is,” said Jyoti, who says she dreams of one day becoming a Bollywood film star as well as pursuing a university degree after she finishes high school this year.
Jyoti’s parents fear for her future. Growth problems have left her bones so brittle they are in danger of breaking in a simple fall. She is likely to need care for the rest of her life and older sister Archana, 26, admits she is likely to have to care for Jyoti as her parents get older.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Meet Ram Singh: The Man with World’s Largest Mustache
- Indian Man Performs Yoga Poses On Speeding Motorbike
- Indian Teenage Girl Marries A Dog To Ward Off Evil Spirit
- Meet The Real-Life Popeye With 31 Inch Biceps
- World’s Ugliest Face
- Meet Pauline Potter – World’s Heaviest Woman
- Cleaning The Dead – When Death Doesn’t Mean Goodbye
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.