Photographer from Singapore, Fong Qi Wei, went deeper than just taking photos of flowers and created an amazing series of Exploded Flowers – images that show the radial symmetry of flowers.
He explains, “The act of disassembly (I hesitate to use the term dissection because this series is not meant to be a scientific treatise) lays bare the various shapes and textures of the flowers, and what is interesting to me is how much more expanded some flowers can get when they are disassembled – the relative surface area to size of a rose is so much greater compared to a larger flower like the sunflower.”
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Natura Insects: A Series of Insects Made of Flowers
- Artist Draws Fashion Illustrations Using Flowers & Vegetables
- Whimsical Flower Dresses By Lim Zhi Wei – Part 2
- Flowers & Everyday Objects Turned Into Art
- Palestinian Woman Plants Flowers In Tear Gas Grenades
- Elegant Drawing of Girls Wearing Dresses Made of Real Flower Petals
- Real Flower Petals Turned Into Fashion Design Illustrations
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.