Lisa Rodden, originally from Sydney and now based in the Sunshine Coast cuts, slices, and folds thick layers of white paper on top of acrylic painting that is occasionally accompanied with text. She has been creating since she could hold a pencil. Her work is a communication of how all things are interrelated, with organic forms, textures, colour and flow being her signature. This approach brings a richness and complexity to a multitude of styles.
“We as humans are lost without our connection to land and to one another, and the state of things around us is a reflection of that. The truth is that everything is inextricably linked and everything we do impacts something. For me, to create is to connect with truth, and through this I want to bring people a sense of peace and a sense of place.”
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Amazingly Detailed Paper-Cut Artwork By Indian Artist Parth Kothekar
- She Could Not Grow Real Plants So She Made These Creative Paper Plants
- Paper-cut Illustrations by Eiko Ojala – Part 2
- Amazing Papercut Illustrations by Eiko Ojala
- Amazing Papercraft from Lobulo Design
- Illuminated Paper Cut Boxes
- Street Art Installations Featuring Little Wooden Cutouts
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.