Mother of two daughters, Samantha Lee, makes beautiful and creative lunch meals to encourage her elder daughter to eat independently. Characters from comic books, video games and cartoons are sculpted out of rice, pancakes, vegetables and fruits.
On her blog She explains what got her first involved in food art:
“I started my very first Bento making in December 2008, when I was heavily pregnant with my second daughter. It was to let my elder daughter to eat independently after the arrival of her younger sister. I was very lucky and blessed that my creations never failed to impress my elder daughter and it made her looked forward to the next meal.
Now, she has her little sister fighting over which character they should get during mealtime. It makes meal time extremely fun.”
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- Celebrity Portraits Made with Food by Samantha Lee
- That’s Eggs-traordinary! Breakfast: Artist Turns His Breakfast Eggs Into Works Of Art
- Smoothie Bowl Food Art Illustrations
- Doctor Sculpts Rice into Colorful Characters
- “Funny Food Made Easy” Book by Bill & Claire Wurtzel
- Amazing Cakes That Look Exactly Like Soft Drink Bottles
- Watermelon Bread Is The New Food Trend In Taiwan
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.