Meet Giant Weta – World’s Largest & Heaviest Insect
Say hello to Giant Weta, its a gigantic cricket-like insect that is also the largest and heaviest insect in the world. It weighs three times more than a mouse and was discovered by 53-year-old nature-lover, Mark Moffett, who spent two days tracking down this giant insect on a remote New Zealand island.
The insect that is heavier than a sparrow weighs 71g and the thing that helps this insect grow so monstrously large is that there are fewer predators in its habitat. Mark Moffett fed this insect a carrot out of his hand and took these amazing shots.
More Stuff For Your Inspiration:
- The Titan Beetle – World’s Biggest Beetle
- Sesame Street Bert’s Face Found On Bug
- Natura Insects: A Series of Insects Made of Flowers
- Horse Born With Marking That Looks Like ANOTHER Horse
- Daring Damselfly Rests Inside Crocodile’s Open Jaw
- Adorable Little Bugs Created From Salvaged Scrap Metal
- Lazy Damselfly Riding A Snake
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.